
I have been back in the midwest for a few days now and I am having a blast with friends, family, and Minnesota March.
As winter is winding down, I know many people think I am crazy for being so enthusiastic about
being back in the crisp cool air. Admittedly, it is not the prettiest time of year in MN, but I am enjoying it all the same. I went up to Duluth with Laurel on Monday for a quick overnight, and was rewarded with a beautiful 4 inches of fluffy snow which transformed an otherwise grey and brown landscape into a fresh, white, winter wonderland. I was in heaven for about 6 hours until it melted all away!
being back in the crisp cool air. Admittedly, it is not the prettiest time of year in MN, but I am enjoying it all the same. I went up to Duluth with Laurel on Monday for a quick overnight, and was rewarded with a beautiful 4 inches of fluffy snow which transformed an otherwise grey and brown landscape into a fresh, white, winter wonderland. I was in heaven for about 6 hours until it melted all away!Last weekend I was blessed with 3 baby showers! On Saturday, Phil's family honored me with a really beautiful gathering. Thank you Meaghan and Maddie for orchestrating such a fun time. We played some games, had a delicious brunch, and decorated onesies with puffy paint and stencils. One of the games we played was estimating how big I am using toilet paper. For the number of squares over my actual size, I was given that number of compliments or advice. I got some pretty good advice, some of the most memorable included:
1. Enjoy every minute because it goes so quickly
2. Don't stress out about the dishes and the laundry, spending time with your little one is the top priority
3. If the baby feels like it is coming out of your butt, don't worry, it WILL come out the right hole!
After all the fun with the Bonin's, I continued over to Becky's house for shower #2 with the Minneapolis ladies. A big hug and thanks to Molly and Meaghan for planning and organizing the event and thanks to Becky for hosting. It was wonderful to reconnect with friends I haven't seen or been great at keeping in touch with, and I appreciate you all. The theme of the shower was children's books and so each guest brought me their favorite book from childhood. Some of the highlights included classics like "The Giving Tree", " Richard Scary's Mothergoose Stories", " When You Were Born", " Goodnight Moon" and a bunch of new books that I am excited to explore.
On Sunday, I was blessed with shower #3 at my mom's house hosted by my sister, Betsy. This was a very exciting event for me because I got to meet my nephew Kiernan for the first time! He is so adorable! It was great to see family: grandparents, aunts, and cousins, and Betsy put toget
her a great spread and fun activities. The theme was bees and honey, which I love, and Betsy made these great parfaits that looked like bees - so creative!
The weekend was a great welcoming back to MN. Thank you everyone who came to support me and my little bean. I feel blessed to have such amazing women in my life to lean on.
After all the fun with the Bonin's, I continued over to Becky's house for shower #2 with the Minneapolis ladies. A big hug and thanks to Molly and Meaghan for planning and organizing the event and thanks to Becky for hosting. It was wonderful to reconnect with friends I haven't seen or been great at keeping in touch with, and I appreciate you all. The theme of the shower was children's books and so each guest brought me their favorite book from childhood. Some of the highlights included classics like "The Giving Tree", " Richard Scary's Mothergoose Stories", " When You Were Born", " Goodnight Moon" and a bunch of new books that I am excited to explore.
On Sunday, I was blessed with shower #3 at my mom's house hosted by my sister, Betsy. This was a very exciting event for me because I got to meet my nephew Kiernan for the first time! He is so adorable! It was great to see family: grandparents, aunts, and cousins, and Betsy put toget
her a great spread and fun activities. The theme was bees and honey, which I love, and Betsy made these great parfaits that looked like bees - so creative!The weekend was a great welcoming back to MN. Thank you everyone who came to support me and my little bean. I feel blessed to have such amazing women in my life to lean on.

No comments:
Post a Comment