arty when everyone got to play and I was left at home.
The Hat Draw, however, was right up my alley and provided a much needed opportunity for fun. At the start of the weekend I was skeptical about how much I would be able to play; with the amount of rain we have had over the previous weeks I hadn't been as active as usual.Saturday, day one of the tournament, proved to be a gorgeous day in East Hawaii. I was introduced to my teammates (yellow team) who were all awesome people and supportive of me playing. I wasn't sure how the running and jostling would feel on my abdominal and groin muscles so I devised a little system to hold it all in which involved an ace bandage. I could not have been more pleased with the results. I played way more than I had expected and felt great doing it. It took me a while to adjust to my changing body - timing my throws and jumps, and I definitely played a calmer game, but I felt so great on the field, in the sunshine, an
I feel like playi
ng in the tournament also gave me an opportunity to bond with Bean and become more acquainted with my new body. I was very aware of my activity making sure to drink lots of water, stretch and rest between points, and get plenty of nutrients during the day. I had a kind of dialog going over the weekend with Bean, checking in, making sure I felt good so he would feel good, and giving him time to rest and relax.So now, at the end of week 24 I am feeling more comfortable with my growing self, having fun getting to know this moving, kicking, playing being inside of me, and accepting my limitations while finding ways to still enjoy the activities that I love.

2 comments:
WOW..YOU ARE TOTALLY 100% IMPRESSIVE...i lpove the painted belly shot, i assume post ace bandages...ahhh let the belly breathe...
you rule for playing, i am so impressed, yay for you and bean, way to go!!!
hot stuff...you rock my world!!! You're beautiful!!!!
Post a Comment