August is almost 3 weeks old already! Life has definitely changed in the last 3 weeks, and oddly, it is still very much the same. Phil and I are adjusting to the joys and rigors of life with an infant, and August, I am sure, is adjusting to life in this wide world.
What amazes me is just how different every day can be. Some days August is happy and ready to go out and do errands with me, and some days we don't leave the house. Some days he sleeps for hours, and other days it is hard to get him to sleep for an hour at a time. Some days there seems to be a pattern in his behavior, but most days we are just bewildered about what he wants or needs and what will come next.
August is certainly growing and is a very good eater. It is so funny to watch him get revved up to eat. First he starts to suck ferociously on his hands, fingers, and wrists. If you ar
August is also a baby with a thousand different facial expressions, all of which he has no control over. Phil and I can never tell what is about to come, because his face can go from a smile to a wail in a nano second. He has this coy face, and a stern face, an anxious face, and an excited face. We have been trying to capture some of these looks on film, but by the time the flash goes off, his expression has totally changed.
So far Phil and I are having a good time - getting through the challenging moments, and savoring the precious moments. We are set to move here in a week or so and are hoping that August will cooperate to help us make it a successful venture. I am very happy that I will not be starting back to work until the end of August, so I will have plenty of time to get settled and spend time with this little guy.

2 comments:
sooocute.
how was the first bath experience?
It was good, he loves the water, and he likes taking showers with his dad. I am too nervous for that, but we have had fun in the baby bath.
Post a Comment