Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Beautiful Blessingway


I am the luckiest woman in the world!!!!

I have been on a high for the last couple of days after the beautiful, wonderful gathering that was thrown for me on Sunday. A big mahalo to my dear friends JeanE, Dine, and Bhama for planning such a superbly wonderful, welcoming and loving event in my honor.

It was a gorgeous Sunday afternoon in Papaikou and I walked into Bhamas abode where I was greeted with orchids, anthuriums, palm branches, candles, shells, beach rocks - all the essentials for a feminine energy bonanza! It was a very peaceful environment, and add the presence of 12 beautiful women, the room was luminescent. I was so amazed at the environment I found myself in that I sat on the floor and wondered "Wow, I wonder who this is all for?", not even conscious of the thrown meant for me.

I got the royal treatment - a warm foot bath with lava rocks and orchids, massage with essential oils, a pedicure, and original artwork on my belly with henna by Sara. All the women brought a bead that had a meaning to them which they shared as they tied it to a two-tiered, dream catcher mobile made by Sarah K and JeanE. I am so excited to hang it up, it is so beautiful and so full of meaning and story. The theme of the day was, appropriately, creation. We took time to mediate on this idea and think about how we were all creating something in our lives. It was a great experience to sit with these women and hear their stories, goals and dreams.

I feel so truly blessed to have found myself in the company of these wonderful women I call friends. I could have never imagined, leaving Minnesota, that it would be possible to find a community of women like this out in the middle of the Pacific. Thank you JeanE, Dine, Bhama, Mo, Amy, Cory, Sara, Pam, Bridget, Sarah, Keiko, Kim, Meredith, Heather and Mindy for being a part of my life and providing such love and support. You are all the wonderful and I am truly thankful.

4 comments:

teamfunbaby said...

reading the account on yours and dine's blog just presents such a beautiful day. may you open up and give birth in the most amazing way...ahh to create.
enjoy!!! :)
lots of love going your way from new england

K. Koessler said...

Thanks Annie! I had a question for you but I cant think of it off the top of my head. Itll come back around - oh pregnancy brain!

teamfunbaby said...

happy soon to be mothers day!!! you will be a beautiful wonderful mom, and you alreayd are!!! (i think prenatal pretty much catapults one into being a mom!) send the questions forward when it comes back :)

teamfunbaby said...

KATIE!!! TWO MORE WEEKS, I JUST LOOKED AT YOUR TICKER...WOW!!! YOU ARE IN DA ZONE! have fun :) It is amazing and be sure to write your birt hstory as soon as you can after because it truly goes away, it does not seem possible, but it floats away since every day is another miracle.